Just a quickie post to show some of the stuff I’ve been working on. I finally got my camera back from my friend, woot! So here’s a shot of the dress as it is so far.
I had to take in the bust a little bit, so that meant pinning in both the fashion fabric and the lining, drawing little lines to sew over, and then sewing them. Yar. It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly less baggely in the boobly area. Still need to hem. I may decide to entirely re-do the zipper, having seen Lara‘s success after similarly grumpy machine-insertion results. She used this tutorial, from Sewaholic, so I’ll probably do that too. I may not get it done until after graduation, because I don’t want to give myself too much to do and then not have it done. I really only NEED to finish the hem so I can wear it. I don’t want to finish up the inside seams if I may have to take them out and re-do them at the center back seam.
A friend has a wedding tomorrow, so I made a little something to wear using these materials-
Here’s a photo of Mr. Bojangles, because CAT. CAT CAT CAT.